Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ami Gabriel



The past week has been beautiful, stressful, hectic, soothing...which pretty much sums up parenthood. Our family help has been phenomenal (thank you Aunt mei mei, nana, Zaide, Bubbe, etc) and we are very lucky to have the support of our community in such an important time of our lives. 

The bris was today (pictures can be found here) and was great. If any of you happen to live near us and want to eat for a month, let us know. Food abounds. Ethan had a little trouble sharing the spotlight ("Abba, hold me! Don't hold the baby!") but eventually was his cute self. Even after the baby was officially named, when asked what his brother's name was, he retorted: "I can't tell you. It's a secret."

Without getting too sappy, we have named him Ami (, pronounced "Ah-mee", or"my nation" in hebrew) as a symbol of both my and Shaina's commitment to the Jewish community and to the Jewish people. His middle name, Gabriel, is a tribute to Shaina's late grandmother, Goldie/Gail Katzoff. 

We are beginning to remember what it is like not to sleep. I'm actually dumbfounded that I'm sitting here writing this when I should be catching another 20 minutes. 

Ami is a stunning little boy. He is very well behaved, and is a huge eater and pooper. Yup, he's a Sugar. 

Here are some pictures from the past few days. 









2 comments:

Margo said...

What a beautiful family!

Lexi said...

Ohhhhhhhh Ami Is SOOOO cute!!! Cant wait to see you guys!!