...of "pregnancy class" yesterday. I have to say that it really wasn't that bad, and I actually learned quite a bit.
The class basically covered EVERYTHING from the few weeks before giving birth until the actual birth. We also took a tour of the hospital so that things would be familiar when "the Day" comes (the instructor made a point of saying that it's always the most important thing to the father-to-be to find out where to park the car and if they'll tow it if you go to the ER. I found that hilarious, because that was my first question). We got to see all the newborns, which was great.
At this point I think Shaina is not interested in an Epidural, despite all of the advice and suggestions otherwise from friends and family. It's not really up to me, but I think she'll change her mind 14 hours into labor. That's just my opinion.
What was most interesting to me was the instructor's advice to call the insurance company and notify them of EVERYTHING that happens, and she meant every little thing. She told stories of insurance companies not covering the childbirth and subsequent healthcare for the baby because the parents neglected to call within the first hour of labor. What sheisers.
Next week we have another class that will cover basics of after-birth care, such as breast-feeding, diapering, etc.
Every day that passes, Shaina gets bigger and bigger and we see the baby twirlin' around in there, poking out Shaina's stomache with legs and arms. We'll put a video up of that soon, it should be pretty amazing!
As the days go by I'm reminded that I'm soon going to be a father. People ask me if that freaks me out - and I suppose fear is a normal emotion for people in this situation. I am scared of a few things, but having a child and becoming a father is not one of them. I am so ectstatic for this baby, I keep myself up at night thinking about it.
Monday, April 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment