Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Doctor's visit, and Boy or Girl?

Shaina went to the doctor last week for a routine checkup. Thank god everything seems ok! Her stomach seems to be growing at a crazy rate, which is always cool to observe.

The one interesting saga that probably occurs with every pregnancy is the "should-we-find-out-the-baby's-sex" game. At the beginning of the pregnancy I was ambivalent, but as things have progressed I would say I'm pretty firm in not wanting to know. I just feel like that made for TV moment of "It's a ____" will be one of the greatest in my life.

Shaina has a different take on the whole thing, which is surprising because we normally agree on most everything else. Her rationale is that there will be so much excitement on the actual delivery date that the sex of the child will be irrelevant.

I hope she changes her mind simply because I think it will take some of the excitement out of the day for her (nevermind the fact that she'll be drugged to the point of no return).

No comments: